Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

File Selection Glitch

Post by Robert2 »

Greetings--
I think I just stumbled on a little glitch in xplorer² (1.0.0.2 [Unicode]).
Here are the steps to reproduce this:
1) Select one file with any extension in a folder.
2) Hold Ctrl down and click on the name of another file with same extension in the same folder. Both files are now selected.
3) Still holding Ctrl down, click on one of the 2 previously selected files. It gets de-selected but there remains some kind of ghost frame around its name. You end up with 1 file selected (highlighted in blue), and another with a kind of ghost "de-selection mark".
4) Now if you press ENTER, the file that gets opened in the associated application is the one with the ghost frame, not the one with blue highlighting.
Note that this is not happening in Windows Explorer.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you are in a situation where the focused item (the one with the rectangle) is not selected.

when you hit enter, x2 opens the focused item, not the selected item
this is by design; e.g. if you have 10 items selected and hit enter only the focused one will open.

To open all of them you must use "open" from the context menu
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

nikos wrote:you are in a situation where the focused item (the one with the rectangle) is not selected.

when you hit enter, x2 opens the focused item, not the selected item
this is by design; e.g. if you have 10 items selected and hit enter only the focused one will open.

To open all of them you must use "open" from the context menu
Greetings--
Thanks for explaining. In the future, I'll make sure I don't leave focus on unselected items.