2 questions... :)

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

freeborn

2 questions... :)

Post by freeborn »

Bookmarkable dual-pane setup?
Is it possible to bookmark an entire dual-pane setup? Rather than just one pane? (I realize it bookmarks the folders, but this would be really useful in a development environment (one pane would be the dev folder, the other where i put the plugin to run it with my shell etc)).
(I was thinking that as a solution to this I could perhaps write some sort of command to tell Pane#1 to goto folder A and Pane#2 to goto folder B? Would that be possible?)

Is there a way to exit a command based Custom Command on the fly?
Ie:
my command is this:
$ del *.bak
It loads up the command prompt (the x2 one) and execute it, but then I need to click the X. Is there a way for it to close the prompt automatically?
vserghi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vserghi »

If you create another shortcut on your desktop for x2 and rename to soemthing memorable. Then in the shortcut properties put in the folder paths of the folders you want. That particular shortcut will open up to those folders. You can even add the /R switch to root x2 on those folders.

You can then create a new command in x2 using ">" and pointing it to the desktop shortcut (remember to add quotes to the path).

Job done.
Vas
freeborn

Post by freeborn »

Euxaristo.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

dual bookmarks aren't possible
i can't think of a "clean" way to implement them on top of existing bookmarks (e.g. what if in single pane mode?)

also you could add a folder shortcut in the primary folder pointing to the other folder; then you have a bookmark on the first folder and once in you quickly locate the link and do an alt+enter to load it in the inactive pane

the only way you could have a discardable console is if you drop the x2 console altogether from tools | options and switch to the traditional dos console, specifying /C as part of your szDosCmdPreamble

but why not leave the x2 console around? you'll need it next time you execute something
freeborn

Post by freeborn »

I don't execute that much stuff, oh well, its not that much of an annoyance, i can live with it! :)
Btw, i know this is off-topic (to this thread) but I was wondering if we should make a thread where people post useful commands/scripts whatever. That would be neat! :)
TKC

Post by TKC »

Is there a way to exit a command based Custom Command on the fly?
Ie:
my command is this:
$ del *.bak
One of the easest way for win2k is
>cmd /c del *.bak

if you repeatly use the command, you can define a hot-key for it by
customize -> user command -> add new
-> name -> add the command in the description box -> ok

reopen it , and defined a hot key.

customize ->organize -> double click the command -> define a hotkey

I use this method to open a command line window (>cmd /F) in order to run a program in the data directory. It is very convenient.

TKC
freeborn

Post by freeborn »

Thanks for the > cmd /c del *.bak
nice thinking :)