Again: Design

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Gandolf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gandolf »

I have never seen any use for knowing the folder size on the hard disk, perhaps somebody could explain why they need to know it.
What I require, and I don't think x2 can display, is the space a folder or folders will occupy on a CD or Zip drive (Nikos will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong). This requires the ability to calculate the occupied space based on different cluster sizes and I know of (and use) another file manager that does it.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can get an approximate idea using the property page F12 of the selection which shows size on disk but without taking cluster differences into account
kagaku

Post by kagaku »

nikos wrote:i don't get it
what's the advantage having the total size calculated upfront for all folders? -- other than making reading speed suffer?
So why not make it an option? Turn it off by default, just allow the option. I can't see that 'making reading speed suffer' at all.
Starsurfer
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starsurfer »

its just a 'thing' i think - habit too ....like your'e in a folder & just look down to see the total size of the folder....
i guess when your'e you are used to it doing anything more to see the size becomes a strain..
human mind.....& emotions at work :P

-