Spring Robin Sighted - sign of spring

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

Christine

Post by Christine »

I'm from Louisiana, and I saw a robin about two months ago. They are all over the place now. Y'all are so lucky to have snow. (Hey, quit that grumbling!) LOL Last time it snowed in my town was about 10 years ago, and it was gone the next day. My snowman was like a foot tall, and he had leaves and dirt mixed in. It really sucks down here. I'm glad it's not cold, but I would like to see it snow now and then. :)
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

well christine i guess the snow always looks whiter on the other side.. but to be honest with you.. i would trade a 4 foot snowman for a muddy one with leaves right about now...i love the change of seasons and now it is time for a change..:beer:  
susie

Post by susie »

Hi Christine, From what I have heard I'd rather have a Pennsylvania winter than a Louisiana summer. I was told once by people I met who were from New Orleans that sometimes it's so hot and humid you feel you can't breathe. As I get older I have less tolerance for high heat and humidity. Our seasons here are usually a nice change from each other. The real bad part of the winter is we can have cloudy days one after the other after the other, etc. Until you feel like you can scream for some sunshine. :o
Big Bear

Post by Big Bear »

Suzie,
We got around 8" up here. It was BEAUTIFUL today!

After work, I stopped up by Bo and took him for a few laps around the pond bareback.
Sal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sal »

Riding in the snow is Great!! There is nothing like it. :cheesy:
Welcome Christine!
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

sweetie..did i call you a physic..lmao.. i havn't played scrabble in a while and i definately need my dictionary.. lmao... :confused:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

We got close to 13 inches of snow here all together but luckily alot of it melted today......to make room for friday & saturdays storm...lol.  
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Hi Christine and welcome.  I like the seasons up here too, but like Charm, it is time for a change.  Snow and cold is ok for awhile.  It is beautiful while it is snowing and no one has walked or driven in it, but enough is enough, lol.  And as for riding in the snow, I don't like driving in it, and the only time I was on a snowmobile, we wrecked, lol and I haven't been on one since.  No one was hurt.  Sleigh riding is fun though.  Come on up any winter Christine and we'll share the snow with ya...:)
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

that must have been real nice bigbear... but wern't you a little cold riding naked?  lmao :biggrin:
Christine

Post by Christine »

Thanks for the wonderful welcome, everybody. As for the snow, I would probably be ready for it to go too if I were in your snowshoes up north! But it would be nice to have a couple of snow storms here and there. And the summers here are sometimes almost unbearably humid! :yuck: But it's not like that every day (just every other day! ;))

(Edited by Christine at 12:32 pm on Mar. 9, 2001)
susie

Post by susie »

Even though there is quite a bit of snow still on the ground, listening to the birds you know that spring is getting closer and closer. I came home from work today and heard my first red-winged blackbird of the season. The doves are back and were cooing. It sounded great!! :)
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

lucky you susie.. ill have to keep my ears posted...:biggrin:
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

ok still haven't seem my first robin yet :(   And spring is only a couple days away.  But I'll keep looking  :)
susie

Post by susie »

Well, alot of the birds are back. Two geese that usually nest at the pond are back. We also have a blue heron that hangs around the pond. I saw that today! Now, if only the snow would melt and the days get sunnier and warmer. :biggrin:
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

the heron are back?  oh lucky you... now ill really have to keep my eyes posted.. i usually mark my calander every year when they return  and it was around the third week of march last year... the hummers were early too   ...