Spring Robin Sighted - sign of spring

Talk about anything

Moderator: Site Mods

Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

well amidst all this yucky snowy weather I saw the first robin this morning... Do they know somthing we don't?  I sure hope so.. made my day knowing spring really isn't that far away..:biggrin: :beer:  Never recall seeing a robin this early any one else seeing any good signs?:biggrin:
susie

Post by susie »

Char,I don't ever remember hearing of seeing one this early either. Though a guy at work who lives down by Mountaintop said his girlfiend saw some a few weeks ago. (But I just found it hard to believe.) I wish I saw it! Every year I can't wait to see my first one. I don't know much about bluebirds but last weekend and the weekend before I saw a couple of them flitting about the field behind the house. Plus I saw a mockingbird. So I guess the birds are starting to move back.
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

No Charm, I haven't seen a robin yet, but like Susie, I have had some bluejays in the backyard and a cardinal.  Are they signs of spring  :)
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

no sweetie cardinals and blue jays dont count they are here all winter but yes susie the blue birds are another sure sign of spring...getting my cleaning done early ..want to enjoy the outdoors ... that robin got me started already done with 2 rooms..yay....
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

Are you sure they're here all yr long?  lol, ok will start watching for robins.  Not fair though Charm, you always see them first, you live south of me, :)
susie

Post by susie »

Char, isn't amazing how thought of spring makes you want to clean. I actually started doing some cleaning last weekend. I think part of it is that with the sun out and thought of spring on your mind, you see alot more dust than you do during the winter months. :biggrin: But I too don't want to be doing it when it gets warm either. No robin sighting today:(, just more bluebirds.:)
susie

Post by susie »

Well, no sign of a spring robin yet. :angry: But this morning I did hear a woodpecker and saw some geese flying overhead. :)
susie

Post by susie »

March 4, 2001 10:00am. It was overcast and gloomy, cold and windy. The thermometer outside said 30 degrees. The Weather Channel was saying that with the wind chill factor it felt like 15 degrees. Brrrr..... And then I saw it! I saw my first robin! Yeah!!!!! :biggrin: :beer:
Linda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Linda »

Sunday, March 4th..1:30 P.M..........
I haven't seen any robins here yet.
It's a nice thought that they know something we don't about spring.
But....hmmmm....... looking outside right now....... I...ah... (hate to be a pessimist).....But I think the robins may have had an error in judgement.
It's snowing pretty heavily already and getting progressively heavier as I speak.
The weather channels are predicting a possible record snowstorm lasting into Tuesday with accumulations of over 2 feet.
The weathermen around here are frequently wrong. Strangely though, about a month ago, during a long walk, I had a preminition that we were going to get a 3 ft snowfall before the winter was over.
If they are correct and I have some weird psychic ability, I hope the robins will be able to find shelter until the snow melts and we have flooding and there is an abundance of worms.
P.S. :o Susie, have you looked out the window recently?? I know you are a few miles from me but it is snowing there, isn't it??????
susie

Post by susie »

Hi Linda, it is snowing! It started here about 11:45. It was just one lonely, little robin, and maybe it was lost. But I am taking it as a sign that there's hope. LOL :smile:
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

roflmao... susie i think we have a disorientated robin...:confused:  but i am glad you saw him too..it 4pm monday now susie and we have at least a foot of snow... this winter just does not want to end...
Charm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Charm »

sweetie i think your physic... will it ever end... yes i hope the robins have good cover...they could always build a snow fort.. :biggrin:
Big Bear

Post by Big Bear »

I've been hearing them for about a week, but only saw one on Saturday the 3rd.
susie

Post by susie »

Big Bear, I think hearing them is as good as seeing them! Just hearing them must have made you feel great. Of course, all this snow is taking that great feeling away. At least for me it is. How much snow have you gotten in your area?
pa sweetie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by pa sweetie »

still haven't seen one yet :(  but still looking.
probably this weather sent them for cover, we got 14 inches of snow in last two days.