Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

need vista style tabs support too
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

TsunamiZ, you have made your point. It is added to the TODO list also. Therefore, there is no need for such repeated reminders. However, if you  have new observations/arguments to support the request, please do post them!

So far as the implementation is concerned, Nikos decides priority for implementation based on the worth of the feature to the majority of users and the effort required to implement it.

The TODO list already contains a lot of ground-breaking features, all waiting in a queue.

Unfortunately, wish list for any shareware is not made public, as the features are tracked and copied by others. Thus you may not get to know exactly when your requested feature will appear in the product.

Thanks you for your understanding!
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

apparently this is very low on the priority list--to the point of maybe never.  it seems like an insignificant improvement.  but if nikos really wants x2 to take off, he needs to make the TABS feature much more obvious!  i mean, just by looking at the screenshots on the main site, the tabs are a very ambiguous feature--does not stand out at all during today when tabs are a highly sought after browsing tool.  i bet most potential customers probably glanced at the screenshots, didn't see the tabs and went on looking for another file manager.  i know that's what i first did!  and now, over 1 year after continued suggestions in improving the tab system, seeing no results is highly disappointing.  and vista needs colored tabs more than ever because the x2 tabs color in vista just aren't well visible in that skin!  patience is for fools that don't speak up.
fuxs
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by fuxs »

TsunamiZ, I completely agree, that these x2 - old style tabs do not look as good as they could, but your suggested change is only cosmetic. (I do agree also in showing off the tab-feature in screenshots) nar~ :) gave you a kind of state of your request, which is at least something. It won't make it higher on the prioritylist whithout some more assistance from other users than you.
If you care such lot about tabs, I am surprised that I haven't seen some post of you in threads regarding usability of tabs (e.g in comparison to browsers), which is quite more important IMO for daily work.

Speaking of cosmetic changes and Vista: To look modern on Vista, x2 should also get some refreshed high resolution icons...  :o
fuxs
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

any fix yet?
ZoNi
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ZoNi »

fuxs wrote:TsunamiZTo look modern on Vista, x2 should also get some refreshed high resolution icons...  :o
I agree! Thse icons are really outdated...