xplorer2 dock icon !!!!!

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

BillionNamesofGod

xplorer2 dock icon !!!!!

Post by BillionNamesofGod »

I've created a true colour dock icon for xplorer2 as I couldn't find one!

This is so you have a lovely nice large true colour icon on your  dock whether on osx or windows clone of the mac osx doc.

comments welcome:

It has been uploaded here:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33947915/

If anyone wants the original vector source file to mess with or improve just e-mail me!
wasker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wasker »

Actually, this icon looks great for main program icon in 48x48 and 32x32 true color format...
I'm using Xplorer2 - the only file manager that does not suck. Actually, it rocks!
BillionNamesofGod

Post by BillionNamesofGod »

wasker wrote:Actually, this icon looks great for main program icon in 48x48 and 32x32 true color format...
wow never thought of that!
Nice to hear you like it, please post a comment on the deviant art site if you can, it's the first time I've used that site!

;-)
KilLrBuNieZ

Alternate dock icon

Post by KilLrBuNieZ »

I had created an ObjectDock icon some years ago that more nearly matches the xplorer2 icon (for better or worse  :wink: )

You can find it here http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.as ... comments=1

Now you have some variety![/url]
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

can you make a 48x48 size to be included with the program? fame awaits you! :)
KilLrBuNieZ

Post by KilLrBuNieZ »

nikos wrote:can you make a 48x48 size to be included with the program? fame awaits you! :)
That can be arranged, just give me a couple days and I'll post it.
Stacey23

Post by Stacey23 »

This is actually very nice. hope you do come up with more as x2 i believe needs a bit more showbusiness.  :D
KilLrBuNieZ

Post by KilLrBuNieZ »

KilLrBuNieZ wrote:
nikos wrote:can you make a 48x48 size to be included with the program? fame awaits you! :)
That can be arranged, just give me a couple days and I'll post it.
Okay, I have a 48x48 icon. I wasn't sure if you wanted all sizes included, but with a little more effort it can be arranged. The image degrades a lot when downsized, as I could not find the original source file I used way back in 2004, so I would have to rebuild...  :?

The 48x48-only icon can be found here for your downloading pleasure. Nikos, let me know if you need those other sizes, k?
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Can you make one for the UM (if it is to be free of any royalties and copyrights)? For the required (approx) size, see the front page of UM.

x2 in gold (different finishes) would be good to have. I have an idea to have another logo for Lite version also, in silver color.

Thanks!

BTW which application do you use to create these logos?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

thanks for that!
although its "feel" is different to the existing smaller versions, it is satisfying with its hard metallic and sharp air. Now if it only weren't 10KB! Any chance to make it eg 256 colors with the same feel?

these 48x48 icons are also kind of not used since it is only tiles mode that does them and x2 doesn't do tiles. Any other uses for large icons?
KilLrBuNieZ

Post by KilLrBuNieZ »

narayan wrote:Can you make one for the UM (if it is to be free of any royalties and copyrights)? For the required (approx) size, see the front page of UM.
What is the UM?
narayan wrote:BTW which application do you use to create these logos?
This one was just Photoshop and IconDeveloper.
nikos wrote:Now if it only weren't 10KB! Any chance to make it eg 256 colors with the same feel?
A "full spectrum" icon file could be developed given more time - this was pretty much thrown together in a night. More sizes will, of course, increase the KB of the file. Maybe you could e-mail me with some more specific specifications?

I'm happy to hear all criticism & suggestions. :D
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

@ UM?  - User Manual (narayan is our UM creator)
If you don't have it, you can download it from here .
kev
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kev »

i risk sounding stupid here but i note that you did say :
whether on osx or windows clone of the mac osx doc
i don't suppose this means you have x2 running on osx via some emulator type thing? that would be unbelievably good!
KilLrBuNieZ

Post by KilLrBuNieZ »

fgagnon wrote:@ UM?  - User Manual (narayan is our UM creator).
Duh! Why didn't I think of that? :oops:

Yes, I could make a bigger one for the user manual, and have different colors for lite and pro. Silver and gold, respectively?

P.S. What is the consensus on the icons? Or should I take that conversation off the board and talk to Nikos directly?
kev
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by kev »

BillionNamesofGod, do you have x2 running on osx via some emulator? i would be extremely interested in doing so myself