Keyboard Shortcuts, Accelerator Keys, etc.

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

soonerlater

Keyboard Shortcuts, Accelerator Keys, etc.

Post by soonerlater »

Is there a COMPLETE list of keyboard shortcuts, accelerator keys, etc., available? On my installation, ctrl+alt+shft+D seems to select my D: drive, but is not documented as such in my user manual. Hundreds of combinations are documented in the User Manual (1.6.5.1-1, pdf version), but not this one, which makes me wonder what else is not documented.

Is there a way to un-map ctrl+alt+shft+D so that it no longer selects my  D:\ drive?

BTW... I wonder why the programmers chose to make ctrl+alt+shft+D select a D:\, but ctrl+alt+shft+C doesn't select the C:\. Likewise, no other ctrl+alt+shft+[letter] combination selects any other drive. Go figure.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the proper shortcut for drive selection by letter is <ctrl+shift+letter>. I don't know if it is mentioned in the manual but it is in the tips and tricks file (see your installation folder)
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

The shortcut is mentioned in Appendix 9D. (See Go To table, p245)

As explained on p.66, The ALT key is very useful in directing most actions to the inactive pane. Although this page mentions several example, it does not mention CTRL+SHFT+ALT+<DriveLetter> , because I never thought of this as a much useful command: It requires you to press too many keys at a time. It is easier to just switch over to the opposite pane with a TAB and then use CTRL+SHFT+<DriveLetter>, and then come back with another TAB.

So the shortcut is missing in the tables of App 9D.

I doubt if this would be useful adding it in the tables...What's the general opinion on this?
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

I think it should be in the table for completion sake. I do use this keyboard shortcut (CTRL+SHFT+ALT+<DriveLetter>) occasionally but I am more likely to just tab or mouse over and use CTRL+SHIFT+<DriveLetter>.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Ok. Next version!