setting Book Marks - problem setting Book Marks

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

garcha

Post by garcha »

I have been using 2X Explorer for a while and have been quite happy with it. One problem I have is trying to set Book Marks. The whole region under the Bookmarks menu item is grayed out. How do create a Bookmark?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the "secret" is in the greyed out menu item text
to set a bookmark press (all at the same time) [Ctrl+Shift+number] where number is from 0-5 for 6 bookmarks. That will set a bookmark at the current active folder. Then use the simpler [Ctrl+number] shortcut (or a menu item) to goto the folder bookmarked
garcha

Post by garcha »

Thanks Nikos for your response,
I still could not create a bookmark until I realized that I  was using the number keypad. Once I started using the alpanumeric keys along the top of keyboard then all was well.
trock

Post by trock »

I've tried all of the suggestions above but when pressing CTRL+SHIFT+number (top row numbers 0-5) with any directory selected, nothing happens and pressing CTRL+ the number doesn't jump anywhere. I'm sure it's pilot error but I can't figure it out. Everything else in the program seems to work fine. This is in XP.

Anything else I should know?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

well, you must click in the view (not the tree on the left) and then press these keys all at the same time. That will place a bookmark in the current folder. You'll see a status bar message when this happens
trock

Post by trock »

Thanks Nikos, it was the clicking in the right view that made the difference :)

trock