BartPE Plugin

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Anthony A

BartPE Plugin

Post by Anthony A »

I am building a BartPE disk and would like to have Explorer2 on it. There is a bootable CD available called Ultimate Boot CD For Windows http://www.ubcd4win.com/contents.htm

It comes with Explorer2 already on it along with many other programs but I do not want or need all of them. How can I get that plugin used on that disk so I can add it to the BartPE disk I am making. There must be a plugin available or Explorer2 would not be on that disk.

Thank You
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

isn't this something you have to ask these bartPE guys instead?
Anthony A

Post by Anthony A »

nikos wrote:isn't this something you have to ask these bartPE guys instead?
Isn't the plugin supplied by the developers of Explorer2 to the BartPE guys?

This plugin is supplied with the huge UBCD I linked for you in my first post. It gives you Explorer2 on a bootable CD so you can use Explorer2 while booting from a CD. Isn't it illegal to distribute Explorer2? I would think they have the permission of Explorer2 developers to do so and if they do is the plugin they use supplied from them?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

When I looked, the product being included was xplorer2(Lite) - the free version. They may be treading close to the edge of legal usage per its license terms, unless nikos has given them explicit permission.
Anthony A

Post by Anthony A »

fgagnon wrote:When I looked, the product being included was xplorer2(Lite) - the free version. They may be treading close to the edge of legal usage per its license terms, unless nikos has given them explicit permission.
That's what I was thinking that the developer gave permission or provided the plugin. Many programs do supply plugins for the boot CD's so you can use their programs in a recovery situation. Explorer2 would be very handy to retrieve files from a a machine that won't boot and you need to use a bootable disk to get to.

That UBCD has Exploerer2 but it also has a lot of programs I do not need or want so I was hoping to get  the plugin they are using.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I Don't know enough about the situation to know whether it is a "Plug-In" relationship, or just a matter of putting x2Lite in the UBCD toolbox for installation & usage.  :shrug:
Anthony A

Post by Anthony A »

fgagnon wrote:I Don't know enough about the situation to know whether it is a "Plug-In" relationship, or just a matter of putting x2Lite in the UBCD toolbox for installation & usage.  :shrug:
There is some kind of modification done because you simple can't just put a program on those boot disks and expect them to run. I have seen many programs offer plugins for the BartPE CD and thought maybe Explorer2 did to but is seems they don't. I will have to find another way to get  the plugin UBCD is using than.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i remember somebody asked for my permission and i said ok, but that's the end of my involvement in this plugin
Kirkx

Post by Kirkx »

There are people on 911CD forums spending all their spare time creating BartPE plugins for all kinds of applications. You can create many plugins yourself but it requires some dedication. Here are a few links:

http://users.telenet.be/Robvdb/how_plugin.htm
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/help/english/plugin.htm
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/help/englis ... format.htm
http://www.911cd.net/forums/
http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showforum=21
AEN007

Post by AEN007 »

11March2009
Greetings.
I simply copy the program plugin folder
from the UBCD4W plugin tree to the BartPE plugin tree
(and then of course activate the plugin in BartPE).
I have put several UBCD4W plugins on my BartPE CDs that way.
I also update the plugin files with more current release files
from my local drive whenever desired/possible.
I copied the x²lite folder from UBCD4W to BartPE; however,
x² lite would not launch for me under BartPE.
I use the TotalCommander UBCD4W plugin on BartPE, however.
I would certainly like to hear/know if/when you or anyone
manage to successfully use x²lite on BartPE.
Thank you.
Regards,
AEN
Æ
Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Thracx »

nikos wrote:i remember somebody asked for my permission and i said ok, but that's the end of my involvement in this plugin
Thanks Nikos, I find use for UBCD4Win every now and again, so it's good to hear that my favorite file browser won't be leaving their suite of tools anytime soon ;-)
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen
AEN007

Post by AEN007 »

I now find that x²Lite runs well under a PE boot when using the /I switch with settings.reg ... I export the HKCU\Software\ZabaraKatranemia Plc reg key and then customize it to run 2xEx & x²Lite under PE ...
AEN007

Post by AEN007 »

4March2012

Greetings.
It seems I have worked out how to use x²Pro under PE boots,
so it is nice to see/know what x²Pro can do ...
The fact that registry changes made during a PE boot do not change
the default PE build/boot registry is a double edged sword ...