Zip files listed as folders in 2xExp, as files in WinExp??

Q & A for the old 2X Explorer file manager. For other topics, please use the corresponding forum.

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

MKairys
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Zip files listed as folders in 2xExp, as files in WinExp??

Post by MKairys »

I have been using 2xExplorer for a few days now and I am hooked! (I have just made my donation ;-) ) I find it vastly useful to have two folder panes in the same window! And the various timesaving features and shortcuts work very well for me.

I have one question about how zip files are displayed. (I have read the various documentation and FAQ explanations). I am using the Windows XP DLL and prefer to continue with it. In WinExp in a folder pane the archive files are listed with the files, alphabetically. In 2xExp they are listed with the folders, alphabetically.

I would prefer (if I had a choice ;-) ) that 2xExp list them as files, like WinExp.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you are not the only one
in fact it would seem that i am the only one who went for the "reasonable" grouping, like with like, folders with folders

in xplorer2 i'll add an option for this to keep everyone happy

BTW thanks for your support!
+BroNNoS+

Post by +BroNNoS+ »

nikos wrote:you are not the only one
in fact it would seem that i am the only one who went for the "reasonable" grouping, like with like, folders with folders
Maybe you're the only one regarding archive files as "folders" (besides M$ ;)). The "reasonable" grouping solution I agree with, the definition of "folders" I do not.

But that is about the only thing I do not like about the current version. Really, remembering which dir the user has been the last time..brilliant!
Keep up the good work!
MamiyaOtaru

Post by MamiyaOtaru »

nikos, I understand why you did it, but am glad to hear we will have the option to choose.

I've said before that I think of them as files still, even though they can now be browsed in explorer/2xexplorer.

My main problem with having them grouped with folders is that they are not grouped with folders (they don't even exist) in the tree view. If they were really folders, they should be there too..

they are not though, they are files :) so anyway, glad to know I will be able to treat them as such in the future.

Keep it up! I'm quite thankful that I don't have to use explorer at all now (opera + litestep + 2xExplorer) :D
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

they could be listed in the tree too, but it's a roundabout and time-consuming procedure, that's why they aren't. They are as elusive as schroedinger's cat :)
zippit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Whats the diff

Post by zippit »

A file is a file and a folder is a folder.Where did i go wrong ?
2eExplore RULES.
:D
War is Hell
Lest We Forget.