Ghost dialog appears when I close xplorer2

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ghost dialog appears when I close xplorer2

Post by pschroeter »

Can I do anything about a "ghost dialog" that very briefly flashes when I close x2? I believe it has something to do with Robust Delete and when I use the Trash command. It doesn't interfere with anything, but it is distracting, and since I can't interact with it and barely can read it, it seems unnecessary.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

what if you don't look at it? :)
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

I’m just going disable Robust Delete

Post by pschroeter »

nikos wrote:what if you don't look at it? :)
Because 25 years of using programs with a graphical interface has taught me that when a program shows a dialog when it closes, it wants me to either save unsaved files, or confirm a critical action it is about to do when it closes. This makes them very hard to ignore and I will have to make an exception and train myself to ignore it. I think its tell me that it is deleting the files I used Trash for, but it is so fast I can’t read it or respond to it, so it is only a unnecessary distraction to me.

I have modest needs. I’m just going disable Robust Delete with Advanced Options.
longfellow
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by longfellow »

I've noticed this artifact, as well. Flashes by in an instant. Like pschroeter, experience has trained me to notice these things, which generally indicate something that needs to be addressed.

Now that I know this is caused by Robust Delete, I too may disable RD, which is, alas, proving more troublesome than helpful.

Does the "sort of beta" 1803 address this?