Deleting Directories

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

MHP

Deleting Directories

Post by MHP »

More than once, I have hit "Del" in xplorer2 and deleted a directory by mistake. This happens when the tree pane is active and I don't realize that.

I am requesting an optional prompt before deleting a non-empty directory.

Or have I missed something?  Is that already there somewhere?

Thanks!
MHP
Mr.Pleasant
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr.Pleasant »

You might consider to turn on 'Automatically shift focus to view after activation' in Tools - Options - Window (Tree section). This way your tree-pane is hardly activated anymore, minimizing the chance you delete folders from it by accident.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

right click on your recycle bin icon, pick properties from the menu and turn on the delete confirmation dialog
MHP

Post by MHP »

Mr.Pleasant wrote:You might consider to turn on 'Automatically shift focus to view after activation' in Tools - Options - Window (Tree section). This way your tree-pane is hardly activated anymore, minimizing the chance you delete folders from it by accident.
Thanks -- that seems to help.  I am still not sure exactly by what sequence of actions I deleted the directories.
MHP
MHP

Post by MHP »

nikos wrote:right click on your recycle bin icon, pick properties from the menu and turn on the delete confirmation dialog
Thanks for the tip, Nikos. I was looking for confirmation ONLY for directories (or only non-empty directories) -- not for every file deleted. IMO, it would be great for X2 to provide that, and not to rely on Windows for such things.
MHP