??? text in greek version of windows 7 home prEMIUM

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

dardana

??? text in greek version of windows 7 home prEMIUM

Post by dardana »

moreover the site is very unhelpful - one must go to the home page all the time - and there is no mention about 64 bit lite version : tell us is there or  not ? do I have to search google for this ?
I installed this to get a folder size column as suggested by an ignorant in technet - no folder size column apparently - and when I try to search help I get transferred to the no-help site instead of a direct link
show total folder size - where ?
in the status bar ?
the status bar does not expand to fit to the information you see
So is there a folder size COLUMN ?
Sorry - disappointed - lost 2 hours already - expecting something from this app

EDIT : NOPE - folder size is only displayed in status bar - great
Last edited by dardana on 2010 Aug 16, 18:04, edited 3 times in total.
dardana

Post by dardana »

You must have 1 posts before you can post URL's/Links.
Last edited by dardana on 2010 Aug 16, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
dardana

Post by dardana »

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

I don't imagine, judging from the tenor of the above that your man will be back to read this, but a few clarifications for anyone else who reads the thread...

As noted on the comparison page, the Lite version is not Unicode, merely ANSI, so some language-specific characters won't display properly.  The Pro version is Unicode.

Also on the comparison page, there is no x64 Lite version.  Perhaps one day one might be released, but Lite does mean "Lite" after all.

The sizes of folders will be displayed in the regular 'Size' column if Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Calculate Sub-Folder Size Automatically is checked (may require x2 to be restarted for it to "kick-in", for some reason).  This is not on by default as for some slower drives/systems it creates a bit of a resource drain.

The folder size you see in the status bar is only the size of the currently displayed folder, or the sum-total of any selected files within that folder.

Keep in mind that the Lite version is not officially supported, and is free, so random complaints are read, but also more than likely ignored, unless they indicate a serious bug in the program.

Thank you for not smoking in public areas.
dardana

Post by dardana »

The sizes of folders will be displayed in the regular 'Size' column if Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Calculate Sub-Folder Size Automatically is checked
True - but not for top level folders like C:\
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

dardana wrote:...but not for top level folders like C:\
Hit CTRL-D twice to manually force a size computation from within root folders - this prevents folders like C:\Windows automatically using up (calculating) resources for impractical display purposes.

If you really want all foldersizes updated realtime, use the FolderSize extension which (contrary to what its website says about it being limited to XP only) will work in x2 for Vista/Win7 (see explanation here).  That said, I have no idea if this applies to the Lite version or not.
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

I can confirm that x2 Lite v1.8.1.4 does not pick up the FolderSize columns on 64-bit w7 [although x2-Pro(x64) does]
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Was that using the x86 or the x64 version of FolderSize itself?  As x2 Lite is itself limited to x86, it might prefer a monozygotic environment rather than dizygotic.  :wink:
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

ah, good point, of course I have installed the x64 version of foldersize on the w7 machine.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the lite version doesn't do any extended columns in vista/W7 only pro
www.zabkat.com/blog/07Feb10-column-handlers-revived.htm