Firefox-like incremental search

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

The pane style should be irrelevant, as should be the location you use it in - x2 may seem to be the problem largely because I suspect this to be caused by an errant shell extension that only you have installed.  As I can confirm that x2 and Listary get along fine in all modes (trust me, if they didn't I would get to the bottom of it), the question is does Listary work for you in Windows Explorer?  Or in other file managers?  Or in any of the other usual "lists" in windows such as "Services" for which it also serves?

Also, instead of restarting x2, try restarting Listary itself (kill it via the tray and restart via Programmes but leave x2 running while you do this) - this will suggest whether something loaded "earlier" than Listary (such as shell extensions) may be interfering with its hooks.

Are you using x2 as normal or as the "Explorer Replacement"?
stewcam

Post by stewcam »

Thanks again. I am using x2 as normal, having recently registered on the BitsDuJour promotion. Prior to that I was using Listary with Windows Explorer, and never had a problem with it.

The problem occurs only if I go to Computer in x2 and set Pane Style to List, and then restart x2. It is not provoked by setting the Pane Style to List in a folder. Also, the problem only shows up on restarting x2. I normally use XP but I have also replicated the problem on 2 other computers with Win7 64 bit. I have tried it with Listary 3.50.734 installed on XP and with Listary 3.50.714 portable under Win7. I have also tried with with x2 v1.8.1.4 and v2.0.0.3.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

stewcam wrote:I normally use XP but I have also replicated the problem on 2 other computers with Win7 64 bit. I have tried it with Listary 3.50.734 installed on XP and with Listary 3.50.714 portable under Win7. I have also tried with with x2 v1.8.1.4 and v2.0.0.3.
I'm not denying that you seem to be having a problem - but as I cannot replicate this under any circumstance using Win7 x64 (using both utilities for years in tandem), without more users coming forward who can replicate it as you describe, it can't be narrowed down to one programme's fault or the other.  As I stated earlier, I believe it to be a third-party anyway (having seen this just recently myself with a multi-LCD handling utility involving both x2 and Listary) - I wouldn't originally have thought a 3rd-party could interfere that way, but it does happen.