cubic explorer

Products and tips

Moderator: Site Mods

profess
Silver Member
Silver Member

cubic explorer

Post by profess »

you know me, as i travel the internet i come across programs and sometimes report anything useful.

this is a neat little explorer app, the gui is quite nice, which i think the author seems to be concentrating on. it lacks guts and features at present, but have a look anyway.

the author had stopped programming for a while, due to personal issues (newly discovered aspergers, but 90% of us on here have it :D)

http://www.cubicreality.com

regards

Osei
Live life...
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this is an interesting use of programming as psychotherapy :)
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: cubic explorer

Post by Kilmatead »

Curiously close to UltraExplorer which it openly (and honestly) borrows Delphi routines from - must be something about Delphi libraries that inspires people to start with all the GUI toys Nikos' WTL forgot about way back when.  It's funny how many people sit down and think, "I know, a file manager! That's a healthy project to undertake."

I rather like how it opens text files in an editor-based new tab - and the Quickview actually displays useful information regarding MP3 files (unlike that WMP thing).  Has emotional problems with PNG's though.

And what, pray tell, is "film-strip view" for?  I don't get it.  :shrug:
profess wrote:...discovered aspergers, but 90% of us on here have it
Speak for thyself... :wink:
Aspergers Wikipedia wrote:Although not required for diagnosis, physical clumsiness and atypical use of language are frequently reported.
Kicking things, do I do, stumbling, onomatopoetically falling atop the crowny thorns.  Atypical language but Yoda-speak is anastrophy, and he was, was he, wise, not?
nikos wrote:this is an interesting use of programming as psychotherapy
Rocks, sledgehammers, and having existentially physical debates with horses about who's the boss (more or less in that order) are useful therapies as well.  At least for the equine's equanimity.  But not my back.  "I know, a file manager! That's a healthy project to undertake," he neighed.

There's something comforting in rolling cigarettes at half-four in the morning watching the Herons jealously regarding my tea.

I wonder if Aspergers covers a predilection for off-topic rambles... hmm... what's that about the internet and the dangers of self-diagnoses...