GUI's Bring Out the Worst in Human Creativity...

Products and tips

Moderator: Site Mods

Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: GUI's Bring Out the Worst in Human Creativity...

Post by Thracx »

Kilmatead wrote:...You're assuming the distinction of "stupid tasks" (de-boning chicken) as being undeniably separate from "valuable tasks" (making whoopee)...
This distinction was what I was interpreting as how you view the world, such as how art was singled out as being the only thing that wasn't a 'failure', and how 'real' work is "that which comes from the strength of one's arm" - everything else is separated into the 'other' (not-real/stupid) category.

Perhaps we're not on the same page - I'm trying to understand your perspective, not argue against it.  I've said little about how I view things, but rather I recognize that there's a vast difference between how we view the world and live in it.  Thus, I'm interested in understanding your perspective.  I've learned that there's little to gain from arguing blindly with somehow with whom you have a mutual misunderstanding.  However, there is something to be learned from trying to piece together an alternative view of the world to better one's own understanding.

So back to the discussion - could you try and answer the questions that I asked?  What tasks do you consider worthwhile, or 'real work'?  If efficiency is not important then what do you consider important?  Maybe re-word your opinion of art - I take it that by saying that art defies human appreciation, you mean that a human perusing art is not worthwhile?  You've mentioned a few times that there's a delineation between the now and the past, i.e. before the Industrial Revolution or this 'age of advertising/etc' - how do you view how life used to be conducted before this modern time - was it better and somehow 'progress' went wrong (maybe this question goes to nikos ;-))?  :?
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen