Site Admin
Site Admin

xplorer2 181.17 beta

Post by nikos »

Here is the final (hopefully) v2.0 beta
32 bit: www.zabkat.com/xplorer2_setup_beta.exe
64 bit: www.zabkat.com/xplorer2_setup64_beta.exe

let me clarify a bit about the new license keys:

0. All old style license keys will not work, even if you had lifetime upgrades (but see below if you are insured for life)

1. please do not buy any keys for v2.0 yet as they are not ready!

2. Installing this beta will give you an idea if you are entitled to a free or discounted upgrade key. Use Help > Register program menu command from within the beta

2a. You should run the beta from a PC where you have an older xplorer2 v1.x version installed and registered (with your original purchase)

3. If you are entitled to a free upgrade follow the instructions and you will get a temporary unlock key (it isn't essential but please try it to see if you will have any problems)

The upgrade policy is as such:

* people with free lifetime upgrades and those who bought in the last 12 months get a free key

* people who ordered up to 2 years ago get a 33% discount

* older licenses must be purchased afresh (but you can keep your old xplorer2 v181.4 and won't have to spend a penny)

ps. If you recently bought a license or lifetime policy (within july) then you won't find yourself in the database yet, but don't worry eventually you will get your free v2.0 key
Last edited by nikos on 2011 Jul 14, 14:55, edited 2 times in total.
BuBBy

Post by BuBBy »

Nikos,

Just to clarify -  The "recently purchased a license" - that is for both new users and existing users who might be "on the books" but renewed/extended their existing license?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

actually i updated the database for up to today, so all purchases should be in now
dunno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dunno »

I bought a lifetime upgrade thingy more than 2 years ago and I'm going to get a 33% discount, what was the point of offering the lifetime upgrade at all then ?, isn't that a oxymoron, (big word for me)...

Secondly, before I fork out again on your application, have you done anything about the Replace function which doesn't actually replace nested folders ?.
Last edited by dunno on 2011 Jul 14, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ckit »

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need you to reset this upgrade shit now!

When I first bought xplorer2 pro in 2007 I used a Yahoo mail account, in 2008 I purchased lifetime assurance (yea right) license with Gmail account.

I forgot and used my Yahoo account just now.

Nevermind, it just arrived, slow as dogs balls... no wonder Greece is falling apart...
Last edited by ckit on 2011 Jul 14, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you don't have the original email don't worry about it just make sure you use the same name

dunno, you should get a free upgrade if you have lifetime upgrades... make sure your (old) xplorer2 shows the reference number you associated to your lifetime upgrades. If you still cannot make it work send me an email with your customer details
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: xplorer2 181.17 beta

Post by FrizzleFry »

nikos wrote:The upgrade policy is as such:

* people with free lifetime upgrades and those who bought in the last 12 months get a free key

* people who ordered up to 2 years ago get a 33% discount

* older licenses must be purchased afresh (but you can keep your old xplorer2 v181.4 and won't have to spend a penny)
How can this be so confusing?

if you bought a free lifetime upgrade you get a free key...

One thing that confused me when I installed the previous beta on a fresh VM is that you need to have the old version installed and registered to get the new free key.