Displaying date modified and created

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

baiglie

Displaying date modified and created

Post by baiglie »

I love Explorer Lite but am frustrated by one thing - the inability to see the dates when files were created and modified. "Long ago" and "last week" are too imprecise. How do I change this?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

View > Pane style > Details
will show the details you want.
But you may have to add a column for date created.  
Use Alt+K  or r-click on column heading(s) get pick menu for adding/removing columns.

Also, you may want to cancel the setting for
View > Arrange by > Show in groups.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

also most likely you don't like the friendly dates advanced option, turn it off from Tools > Options > Advanced to see detailed dates
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

ah, I see it now ...
and it so ignorantly behaves as baiglie has described.

User friendly date column information is a setting I have never used and would never use because it is so UNfriendly.
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

For those who wish to experience x2's Most Unfriendly Feature (x2MUF*) for themselves, they should note that it only works on columns marked with [S], such as "Modified [S]" and so on - it does not apply to "vanilla" Windows columns such as "Date Modified".

* x2MUF was voted upon by the United Nations and has been certified, ratified, and vilified by all users everywhere ever since - though some have been known to rate the Customise Toolbar Dialog as a close second. :wink:
baiglie

Post by baiglie »

Thanks folks. I thought there must be an option somewhere, but I did not expect it to have the word friendly in it.javascript:emoticon(':D')