REGISTRY_ERROR blue screen after uninstall

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

oceanclub

REGISTRY_ERROR blue screen after uninstall

Post by oceanclub »

Hi all,

I tried out xplorer2 lite 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit, in order to flatten a file directory. Since that functionality is not in the lite version, I immediately uninstalled. While I got an error, the uninstall appeared to complete.

However, on rebooting later, I now get a REGISTRY_ERROR blue screen error each time. If it possible that the registry setting were left behind or corrupted? Does anyone know how to clear these up?

Thanks in advance,

P.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i am not aware of any problems with the uninstaller, how did you uninstall xplorer2 lite?

also blue screens are caused by faulty device drivers, not by uninstalling programs!?
oceanclub

Post by oceanclub »

nikos wrote:i am not aware of any problems with the uninstaller, how did you uninstall xplorer2 lite?
I used the uninstall shortcut in the xplorer2 folder.
also blue screens are caused by faulty device drivers, not by uninstalling programs!?
Not in all cases, no:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx
Cause
Something has gone wrong with the registry. If a kernel debugger is available, get a stack trace.
Regards,

P.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

I have never heard of an uninstaller damaging the registry let alone my own uninstaller. My guess is that this is a coincidence, perhaps a hardware fault on your hard disk (?). Do you have any backups or restore points to go back to?