Bugs: Sorting & windows explorer replacement

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

sac

Bugs: Sorting & windows explorer replacement

Post by sac »

Hello,

the sorting function of Xplorer seems to have some bugs (all bugs occur when the view is "big icons"):

1. when sorting by date Xplorer puts the newest changed items on top. Default windows explorer behavior is to put the newest items at the bottom when clicking "sorting by date".
2. when sorting by date folders are sorted in between the files. Folders should always be at top before all files, that's the standard windows explorer behavior and the standard Xplorer2 behavior when sorting by name (and just to be clear: I don't mean file grouping here.).
3. when clicking on Computer, Network or Documents or other "special folder" on desktop windows explorer is opened although Xplorer2 was set to replace explorer completely.

Will these be fixed in future versions?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

these aren't bugs just xplorer2 behaves differently. If you want your folders sorted separately there is an option for that in Tools > Options menu, Window page

as for explorer replacement mode, it doesn't work 100%. What most people do is start xplorer2 and do all their file management within the program (think how you use your internet browser)
sac

Post by sac »

If you want your folders sorted separately there is an option for that in Tools > Options menu, Window page
That worked, thanks ;)
What most people do is start xplorer2 and do all their file management within the program (think how you use your internet browser)
I doubt that. All Explorer replacements I know (I tested about 30) will almost completely replace Explorer, inclusive the "special folders". For example the open source Cubic Explorer sets all registry keys to replace Explorer fully.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

and then you'll realize how many folders become completely inaccessible! There are more special folders than you realize and this replacement mode is a big headache, that's why i don't recommend it