Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

appyface
Silver Member
Silver Member

Presets: Last instance of x2 to close, wins :-(

Post by appyface »

Using 2.1.0.1 on both 32-bit and 64-bit with /M /N /P

I have multiple instances of x2 running.  In any one of them I create a new preset or retrieve existing preset and modify it, then click SAVE button.  (Examples of these presets are the "options" under robust copy and move, presets for the find dialog, and so on.)

These "saves" do not work????  Any already-running or newly-launched x2 instance can't find them.  They aren't saved to disk, either... after all instances of x2 are shut down, and I launch x2 again the new presets are not there, and the existing presets are not updated?

Through trial and error I found a workaround:

1.  Create/update presets in one instance of x2 only
2.  Shutdown all other instances of x2 EXCEPT the one with the changes
3.  Confirm all other instances have successfully terminated
4.  Shutdown this last instance of x2

This is a PITA as I can make the changes only in one instance of x2.  And I have to wait until all the instances of x2 have become idle (sometimes hours later) before I can use the workaround.

How to get x2 presets permanently saved and immediately when the SAVE button is clicked, so none are ever lost and they're instantly available to all instances of x2 without shutting everything down?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

things are going to be simpler if you omit /P from your command line
appyface
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by appyface »

Why?

If I omit /P (single instances) many things in x2 don't work correctly or consistently for me, I have a lot of problems if I don't use /P.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you leave out /P then all xplorer2 windows will communicate wrt settings changes, otherwise you will have the observed problems