Some files will not delete without unlocker

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Phantom

Some files will not delete without unlocker

Post by Phantom »

I spend a fair bit of my day manipulating .mkv, .avi and .mp4 files - renaming, deleting etc.  Very recently my copy of xplorer2 Prox64 has refused to allow easy manipulation.  I get the error 'The action can't be completed because the file is open in xplorer2 - explorer replacement.  When I attempt the same thing in Windows 7 pro explorer I get Windows Error = 32 which is the same thing (FILE IS OPEN SOMEWHERE ELSE).  I have tried many of the things that were suggested through browser searches but no joy - restarting the computer, closing down all programs except those I could see are necessary, stream.exe -s -d "<pathway>", procexp.exe, making sure I use the right hand windows, using internal and external drives but have had no joy.

I can use unlocker to unlock individual files as long as I rename/move/delete straight away but this is much slower than doing what used to happen until a a couple of days ago - select and <Shift> <Delete>.  Please help.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

see my email response, basically you need to update or switch to other codecs that don't lock the files previewed. Also try to turn off the quickviewer before renaming etc