xplorer loses folder structure

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

sdfsdyf

xplorer loses folder structure

Post by sdfsdyf »

Hello,

I am looking for a solution to the problem of the explorer losing the specific column arrangement structure of a tab when I open a folder and go back to the previous step again. To be more precise: I use to work with all files being arranged according to the "created date" column. When I open a subfolder and go back again, the main folder is structured alphabetically.

Is there a chance to change this to a permanent individual folder column structure?

Any help is appreciated.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

that could only be if you have saved custom folder settings in one folder, but that's a feature available only in the professional version (Actions > Folder settings menu)
sdfsdyf

Post by sdfsdyf »

Thank you for the quick reply.

So the free version will always set back the folders to an alphabetical order. Got to live with that then, the rest works great for me.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

no, the free version should keep whatever sort order you used last. If you were running the professional version earlier, see if there are any leftover desktop.ini files where (in the folder) the problem occurs
sdfsdyf

Post by sdfsdyf »

Okay, I misunderstood.

That's weird then, as I made a clean new OS installation, completely erased all harddrives before that (so no leftover files) and installed the xplorer² Lite version right away.

Now that I know the program is able to do as desired I would really like to figure it out. De- and reinstallation does not sound like a solution to this problem though, correct?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

perhaps I cannot understand what the problem you describe is. If you can show me with a demo video or screenshots?
sdfsdyf

Post by sdfsdyf »

Reinstalling the program and cleaning the registry solved the problem, xplorer² now works as desired, perfect. Thank you for your help anyway.