beta build 1657

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

beta build 1657

Post by nikos »

no more debug builds, this is (nearly) the final item!
www.zabkat.com/xplorer2_setup_BETA.exe (932 KB)

for change details see today's blog entry:
http://www.zabkat.com/blog/13May07.htm

if you see any problems please let me know and preferably get the alpha version too to tell us what's gone wrong

thanks for testing!
ckit
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by ckit »

Any chance you could post a screenshot of the new editor²'s icons?

Thanks!
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

probably you can't see them because you still have the old editor information in the registry (from version 1653). Just launch the editor directly from the beta folder!
WimdeLange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WimdeLange »

There is this new editor, but it is not used?
I use xplorer2 1.6.5.7
I look at the options, (Tools Options? Why not Customize Options? :P )
No Editor or Viewer information filled in, so it should use the one in the directory (the beta directory). Or not, because when I edit or view a file it is version 2.6.0.8 instead of 2.7.0.1 ?

Off course I could select the editor in the options window, but I thought Xplorer2 was autoselecting it when it isn't filled in in the options.

Later... After reading your previous response about the icons, I came up with the answer. Remove the information about the editor/viewer in the registry and xplorer2 finds it again. Still strange that Options doesn't show anything....
Groetjes,
  Wim de Lange
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

options only show info about external editors
x2 usually autoselects the editor but here you have 2 installations in parallel and the old one wins!
stephen

cannot bind tab

Post by stephen »

I'm trying to bind 33039 (switch to previous tab view) to Ctrl + Shift + Tab, much like Firefox. However, hitting Tab changes the focus to the current keys box instead of inserting Tab into the "Press new shortcut" box.

I've already bound Ctrl+T/Ctrl+W to open tab/close tab and its very cool--good stuff. Can't wait to get Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+Shift+Tab bound and I'll be set.
Atreus

Re: cannot bind tab

Post by Atreus »

stephen wrote:I'm trying to bind 33039 (switch to previous tab view) to Ctrl + Shift + Tab, much like Firefox. However, hitting Tab changes the focus to the current keys box instead of inserting Tab into the "Press new shortcut" box.

I've already bound Ctrl+T/Ctrl+W to open tab/close tab and its very cool--good stuff. Can't wait to get Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+Shift+Tab bound and I'll be set.
I'm having the same issue as stephen

Additionally, it would be nice if the 'close tab' command would close the window if the tab is the last one. That way, I could have just one hotkey for that use.

Also, this is really a great program you've got here. I've been using it for quite a while now, but only now opted to register so I could make a note of this bug/request
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there is a limitation of this system control x2 uses to register hotkeys. It won't allow TAB, SPACE, ESC and RETURN as hotkeys (or any combinations). Another big idea from m$ :shrug:
Atreus

Post by Atreus »

nikos wrote:there is a limitation of this system control x2 uses to register hotkeys. It won't allow TAB, SPACE, ESC and RETURN as hotkeys (or any combinations). Another big idea from m$ :shrug:
Out of curiosity, what system does it use, exactly? I didn't, upon first glance anyway, see anything in the usual registry location or in the program files folder. On a whim, i even checked %appdata% Image
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i intend to write a codeproject article for the keyboard customization class, in the near future, so watch this space!
stephen

Post by stephen »

Is it the input box that doesn't accept tab/etc. or the keyboard hook itself?

E.g. if its just the input box, can I hack the registry somewhere and add raw key codes (or whatever) outside of the UI limitation, as Atreus was alluding to?
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

I was thinking on the same lines. I think that hotkey information is stored under xplorer2_UC.global\Accelerators\binAccelTable key which unfortunatly is of the type REG_BINARY. So Reg hacking might not be possible :-(

Nikos, in future version is it possible for you use some other hotkey control or write your own custom control which accepts all the key combinations?
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
haomin

Post by haomin »

when i use "Customize keyboard", in Press new shortcut key
i can Alt + ,  Ctrl +, but i can't shift + some key

below they make me confused
in "View", It is called "Locate in tree"
but in customize toolbar, it is called "Tree sync"
there are many the same condition make me confused
Could you do me a favor?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can use shift with function keys F1 etc but not with letters -- otherwise you'd lose use of your keyboard!

looking for commands is easy. Just find the menu (category) and then see the command, exactly as it is displayed in the menu. If there's something wrong, it's the toolbar command names, that are taken from their tooltips
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by FrizzleFry »

Occasionally the beta x2 opens a new window on my secondary monitor rather than in the primary, where the main x2 windows is open.  The new Editor2 does this a lot and I have had a couple of scrap windows open in the secondary monitor as well.

My secondary monitor is a TV, good for videos, but I do not want x2 windows opening over there. I have not seen this behavior with any previous version of x2.