manual available

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

I followed the link above, but only found downloads for X2 pro and lite, nothing more.

Nikos, I accept, that you have actually more important things to do in regard of the Grisoft crap, but please consider to make the better readable manual accessible on your site. I really have trouble to see, what the gray-in-gray pictures want to tell. :shrug: (Following the avaters, I rather belong to the generation of Fred, not your's.) A manual without those pics would have the same meaning for me, but would save even more download volume. :wink:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the good manual is in the installer at download.com. You can overwrite your old installation and you'll get the better PDF
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very disappointed and angry!

Post by Cosmo »

Now, that the Grisoft issue is solved, I bring this back at the top.

Nikos, to say it directly: You're answer is disappointing and not satisfying and I ask you again, to update the existing download links for the pure manual.

Why shall I do reinstall, what I have, do get the Manual?

Why shall I tell to my son to install the trial version for getting the actual manual in a shape, as it is expected to look? He uses the lite version, as I do respect your intellectual property and did not give him my registration code (a you expect from me as from every honest user).

Why shall somebody, to whom I recommended X2 and who wants to take a look into the manual (a legimate wish), before he installs anything, download the crappy looking manual and come to the (wrong) conclusion, that the app looks like the manual? (Narayan, you know, that this notagainst your work.) BTW: As you provide this manual version on your official site, it is really not a good commendation for your work.

What shall I do, if I am on a foreign computer and need the manual out of what reason ever, where I do not have the privileges to install anything?

What are the 2 existing download links good for? As some of the pictures are not really visible, they are at the moment a waste of bandwith, as the downloads could be even smaller, if there were no pics at all. With those or without any pics the downloads do not make much sense.

At last: I really do not understand, where the problem might be, to replace the download-files with the good manual.

There are only a few problems, that can be solved so easily. Why not?

Telling to download a complete installer is no meaningful explanation for me.

Think once again about RyanAir, than you know, how I feel about your answer.

Hope, I could change your mind.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

download.com is the normal download repository and now it has the full "good" manual

for those that got the early version from the temporary location like you, there's a small inconveniencing to download it again. The download size is almost the same! You don't have to repeat installation -- well only once, then get the manual and distribute it to all your relatives :)
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

nikos wrote:temporary location
strange, it has been at http://www.zabkat.com/alldown.htm, since I know X2, not only temporary and still at now.
nikos wrote:You don't have to repeat installation -- well only once
You obviously contradict yourself in one sentence, not to mention the examples I gave you, where this is not possible.
nikos wrote:distribute it to all your relatives
My son lives in a different citiy. And why shall I make a distribution, if there is the big net?

No sir, I asked 7 questions, you answered just the second of them, and the answer is no solution in this case. All the other question have been ignored by you. I am even more disappointed and take not of this. (Perhaps you should have said: Why do you want a simple way, if I provide you a complicated one.)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

my role here is to solve problems which doesn't necessarily imply answering all questions :)
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

nikos wrote:my role here is to solve problems
Then, why don't you do this? It is not really difficult to understand by reading my posts, that no questions would have been made. And solving the problem would had taken less of your time, than those "answer-less answers" (and would have been better for satisfying (at least one) customer).
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

here's the good manual just for you:
http://rapidshare.com/files/43173278/x2docs.zip
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: link of good manual

Post by Robert2 »

Hi,
Sorry to be such a spoilsport, but the above link dowwnloads an invalid 5kb zip file.  :cry:
Robert
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: link of good manual

Post by Cosmo »

Robert2 wrote:Hi,
Sorry to be such a spoilsport, but the above link dowwnloads an invalid 5kb zip file.  :cry:
Robert
5680 byte, to be precise.

Fantastic compressor :hehe:

Seems, I am not the only one, who wants the good manual in a simple zip. :yum:
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Well, that link worked fine for me.

Cosmo, you hinted at a visual difficulty. Such feedbacks are rare to come by.  Please let me know how to change the figures. I will see what we can do in future versions...

BTW the figures in the manual appear sharpest at 100% zoom. (As you go away from the 100% zoom, the figures appear increasingly blurred.)

Note that some of the screenshots were too large for the manual; and hence they had to be reduced in size to fit the manual; so the blurring in them is in-built. Blurring in these figures will not reduce at any zoom.

Printing is not recommended: The manual contains a lot of cross-reference links, which will be useless in print! Also, you cannot search as efficiently as in soft copy.

HTH.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the link works for me too, what browser are you using?
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

narayan wrote:Well, that link worked fine for me.
A Rapidshare issue,sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. For those, for whom it does not, not a solution.

To answer your main (as I believe) post:
I speak about pics, which I see in the actual and the 1.6.5.1-1 version, both viewed on two 19 inch monitors, not printed, 100% zoom. So, as I take pics, which are in both versions of the manual, I draw 2 conclusion:
1. I do not have a wrong remembrance about their quality, because I see them side-by-side
2. The pics are better, than they look in the last manual version.
And, BTW, they was never a discussion, if there are differences, Nikos speaks about a "good" version himself. The point is, that I get headaches after some time, and I hate headaches more than other people hate RyanAir.

The following is a (not meant to be complete) list of differences; the first number is the page number in the actual version, the second is the page number from the previous one.

94/89
98/92
123/117
129/123
130/124
132/125

Hope, I answered all your questions.
Cosmo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cosmo »

nikos wrote:the link works for me too, what browser are you using?
IE7 with Net Transport DM.
narayan
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by narayan »

Ah well, the pictures are definitely better this time, because the "good" file is as I made it (uncompressed). The earlier version was compressed by Nikos in an attempt to reduce its size.

In future, all manuals will come original size. Enjoy!