Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's blog post found at
http://www.zabkat.com/blog/27Jul08-agile-drag-drop.htm
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

@ not rocket science -
True, but you point out a feature in x2 that I didn't know about and would have used dozens of times had I known:
In this week's blog, nikos wrote:If you drop by accident and you can't figure out where the files are, the menu command Goto > Drop target will help.
:thumbup:

PS - and it would help even more if the dropped items were selected when you go to it.  That would be such a friendly help in moving the mistakenly dropped item(s) to the intended location. 8)
RickyF
Silver Member
Silver Member

R u muvng?

Post by RickyF »

Are you moving to Salonica? :D (I had to look up Thessaloniki to find out where it was.)

If so, best of luck on the move.
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

How about dragging onto the Breadcrumbs

Post by pschroeter »

I think the place to drag to that is missing in x2 is the Breadcrumbs bar. I would love to be able to drag files to it, and navigate through it.
:idea:

Do you know how to make Greek coffee? I use to get strong, sweet coffee made in an ibrik years ago in a Greek restaurant. Forget energy drinks. They also had spanakopita, and some green beans made with garlic that I wish I had the recipe for.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i don't know much about cooking but if you insist i'll ask me mum :)
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

( continuing off topic ... )

Post by fgagnon »

A Moroccan friend of mine (& coffee shop owner) was fond of making Turkish coffee for special customers, and he gifted me with one of his ibriks before he closed his shop and moved out of the area (unfortunately due to harassment after 9/11).  His recipe matches the recipe for sweet boiled coffee (glykivrastos, γλυκήβραστος) described at the end of this nice article about Greek coffee, on page 5.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the best traditional coffee shops in greece make this coffee on a bed of hot sand instead of gas fire. You must be prepared to wait a while though!
Wepver
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Wepver »

The “Goto > Drop target” is not available in the Spanish version. :(

I use X2 because it is great and it has Spanish translation. I would like to see an update of the translations. If it is not going to be available for a long time, is there any easy way I could add those unavailable options to the Spanish version by my own? (“Goto > Drop target” and the italic option in “color coding”)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

some small bits were missed out; to access the english stuff use Help > English translation
Wepver
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Wepver »

I know about the possibility of changing between languages, but some times that crashes x2 under my PC. Any way, I do not use those options really often, so it is not a very important issue for me.

I suppose there is no way to update x2t_spanish.dll by myself. (I do not know too much about this, so I do not know if the source code is essential for achieve this goal)... Never mind, I will wait for the update.
sabadell

Post by sabadell »

Its easy to add the "Drop Target" menú entry to the original x2t_spanish.dll with a resource editor program. I have also managed to "add" the "Italic / Cursiva" check box missed in "Color Coding ..." and changed "Aplicar actualización ..." to "Detener actualización ..." spanish translation bug posted in other threat. I've done it and its working properly. But I'm not sure about if it's allowed to post the modified-DLL. Another question its about how to translate "Drop Target" in spanish. "Último Destino" (I like that one), "Última Carpeta", ...