here's the comment area for today's blog post found at:
http://www.zabkat.com/blog/24Aug08-scrap-playlists.htm
RickyF
Silver Member
Silver Member

Using Scrap Container to Create A Playlist

Post by RickyF »

Nikos:
This is a good post. I had not considered using scraps this way. This is the way I will probably build all my playlists from now on. I prefer using only one file manager, xplorer² pro, and now I can avoid the Windows Explorer windows in my media player applications.

The video is a wonderful addition to the post as it shows us how you work with xplorer² pro. It is interesting to see you, the program's creator, use the program.

Thanks.
admsupport
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by admsupport »

Hello, here I disagree with this blog (is it okay?)

Please give me a way to link xplorer2 with the only decent free player (no matter anybody could say) i.e. foobar2000. WMP is a piece of .... as for Winamp: Functions are improving, but it became crappy. Commercial shitware.

The use of crap folder to make playlists does not convince me as you explain it. We could use a find selection with specific criteria, but I think that's a better job for an audio player. In this regard tagging and creating playlist foobar2000 shines.

If Mr Nikos read the post, I would like to link foobar2000 with the audio files and KMPayer with the video files, since wmp does not play dvd's without a commecial codec to purchase. Is there a way to link in the registry audio files in xplorer2 to play in preview with foobar2000 and video files in KMPlayer or similar player?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

look what i said for winamp you can do with any of your players, just drag-drop files from x2 scrap pane onto their window
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

Only a sensitive soul would take a typo personally, no matter how applicable, evincing, and humorous it's accidental intent.

What's more alarming is the example of "Diamantopoulos" as music; did you not squirm with humiliating discomfort when Yanni sprang from the West?  Or Kitaro in the East?  Or Mannheim Steamroller in the middle?  Oh Lord, I remember the 80's.  Shoot me now.   :shock:

All in jest, in a Well-Tempered Clavier sort of way, of course. :D

And for organizing/using music collections (especially very, very large ones [hundreds of GB, thousands of ripped CD's]), MediaMonkey is to be recommended as the x2 of music (ridiculously complex options, but insidiously powerful and simple), so to speak.  It has a 'file auto-organize' feature which can make grown men weep.  (Especially those with sensitive souls.)
admsupport wrote:here I disagree with this blog (is it okay?)
Here's to hoping the descendant of Socrates and the Aristotelian Polemic wouldn't have it any other way.  :D
admsupport
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by admsupport »

nikos wrote:look what i said for winamp you can do with any of your players, just drag-drop files from x2 scrap pane onto their window
1. Sure one can, but it appears an additional step since one of a main feature of a decent player is play-lists creation.

As for another blog TIP, the use of scrap folder for resizing photos was more convincing to me, since IV (Irfranview) is not not handy to select several photos in different folders.

2. Is there a way to change the default player (WMP) association in the preview xplorer2 window with another player? If so, how.
admsupport
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by admsupport »

Kilmatead wrote: MediaMonkey is to be recommended as the x2 of music
Yes, that's a good option. I like foobar2000, Exact Audio Copy and mp3tag as audio software, but the commercial equivalences, audio monkey & dBpoweramp are easier to use and (maybe) more attractive. There must be others, but I don't have them in mind.