Move leaves a copy behind too!

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

medic5608d

Move leaves a copy behind too!

Post by medic5608d »

I am using the Move to (F6) command/key and instead of the file being moved to the target, a copy is being created as well, just a the Copy to (F5) command/key works.
I am using the latest version. I could not find a setting to change and I don't ever recall this command leaving a copy behind before.  :?
medic5608d

Re: Move leaves a copy behind too!

Post by medic5608d »

medic5608d wrote:I am using the Move to (F6) command/key and instead of the file being moved to the target, a copy is being created as well, just a the Copy to (F5) command/key works.
I am using the latest version. I could not find a setting to change and I don't ever recall this command leaving a copy behind before.  :?
Sorry..posted this in the wrong place!!! I am using Explorer ²
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

when there is some problem creating the copy, the original is left behind. It could also be that the original is protected from deletion
medic5608d

Protected copy left behind

Post by medic5608d »

That was it. I found that the file that was sent to me, a PDF file, was marked as protected, for whatever reason. I was able to change that and now it works fine. I did try some other files to, to test, and they all MOVED fine. Thanks for the quick response. Dave