Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

Isn't undocumented behavior fun?     :roll:
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Will collapsible groups be available in the next x2 update?
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

didn't you see the picture in the article?
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

I did, that's why I asked. But I guess that means yes.

Is there any chance to control the position of the collapse button? (Left or Right ?) My personal preference would be left because I almost never see the right end unless I use single pane, and for a lot of time I'm using exclusively 2 panes.
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

Also, considering I've been hungry for this feature since Sep '11, would it be also possible to have the group item count displayed next to the right of a group's name (between parentheses), just like it's displayed in Windows Explorer?

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

the snapshot in the article is the current xplorer2 (under development). You can't select the location of the click arrow but things also work with the keyboard. I added the item count as a subtitle when a group is collapsed. A quick way to count group items is to click on the header and read how many items are selected off the statusbar
IneedHelp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IneedHelp »

nikos wrote:You can't select the location of the click arrow but things also work with the keyboard.
Okay, I understand I can't select the location of the click arrow, but can you position it on the left side? I mean, IF it is possible, it makes most sense to be on the left side, because it's harder to reach it with a pointing device if it is to the far right, most probably not in view because of the columns in use.
nikos wrote:I added the item count as a subtitle when a group is collapsed.
That's cool and I noticed it in the screenshot, but IS IT POSSIBLE to add it to the right of the group name, showing the number of items all the time, regardless of it being collapsed or not?

I don't want to be annoying, it's just that this is a feature I wished for a long time and I would like to see it implemented in the best possible way. I think that the Windows Explorer design for this feature is the best way to go for IF POSSIBLE. I feel like you won't revise it once you release it and that's why I'm supporting the Windows Explorer design for this feature before release.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

i will have a think about it but the problem is that group membership can change any moment and it looks like a lot of overhead to maintain an accurate count for each group