Unclear whether I have evaluation or fully functional copy?

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

paranormal

Unclear whether I have evaluation or fully functional copy?

Post by paranormal »

I have just received an email asking me to upgrade to 2.3.0.1 [Unicode] x64 3/8/2013 xplorer2 Professional x64.

I have downloaded and installed the new version of the program, and all works seamlessly, as expected  :D

However during the installation process, I saw a message stating that this is a 14-day evaluation version.

Currently, under Help -> About explorer2, it says that the program is licensed to myself, and the "purchase or upgrade license" button is grayed out.

Do I have a fully operational program, or will I be asked to purchase in 14 days???

That is quite vital to me, since in 14 days I will be travelling in remote locations with limited internet access, and that will be a bad moment for xplorer2 to stop working.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

well if you see your name in ABOUT box then it should be already registered!?
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kilmatead »

The installer always states that you are installing a 21-day evaluation version - the evaluation and licensed versions are the same programme.

(If you installed "over" the old version, into the same folder, it will detect the license, and stop being an evaluation version - so the distinction is more metaphysical than literal as far as the installer is concerned. :wink:)
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

some programs come with separate evaluation and "registered" versions. Not so xplorer2: it is the same program for everybody, just use your key to unlock it
paranormal

Post by paranormal »

Kilmatead wrote:The installer always states that you are installing a 21-day evaluation version
Thank you. That was the confusing bit.