Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's blog post found at
http://zabkat.com/blog/regexp-C++-shootout.htm
Thracx
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: blog: regular expression C++ classes

Post by Thracx »

Sorry to hear about your RegEx woes, RegEx are very powerful and helpful - I use them nearly everyday as a developer and often find uses for them at home too. I recall having trouble getting them to work the way I want with X², so perhaps this explains that (C++ support, Perl-syntax, etc).

Could you use .NET for RegEx? Obviously it's not C++, but perhaps it could be an option to use when available and fallback to DEELX/etc when it's not available. Most people would have .NET installed, as it's built into Windows 7+. I'm very familiar with using RegEx via C#, so I'd be willing to write a very small managed dll for you to interop with (COM) or you can make your own wrapper dll compiled with /clr.

PS. Ever since the forums were updated, I can no longer post to these forums from some of the machines that I use (likely because they use older browsers).
-Thracx

"Man wants to know, and when he ceases to do so, he is no longer a man."
-Fridtjof Nansen
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

why don't you repeat this experiment comparing (interop or however you can) the performance of DEELX with the .NET regexp?
MacDisein

Post by MacDisein »

We use boost::xpressive which is also a header only template library and should be used without any other dependencies of boost.

You should give it a try.

Regards