Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's blog post found at
http://zabkat.com/blog/send-PDF-as-Fax.htm
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: blog: how to send fax

Post by RightPaddock »

Hello Fax lets you send faxes via the net. 5 pages a month for free. Be aware 1 page can count as 2 or more depending on destination.

Down here many newsagents and 7-11's have coin in the slot photocopy/fax machines for public use. Oh, and post office too - at least until they get flogged off.

BR
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Very, very occasionally I need to send a document "offline" or by fax. I always choose the offline way. Less weird.
Tune in next week to learn how to write with bird feathers and an ink bottle <g>
I hear you.
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
registered xplorer² pro user since Oct 2009, ultimated in Mar 2012
longfellow
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by longfellow »

Is this living in the past month at the forum? :) Last week's post was "How to use a desktop email client"; this week's is "How to send a fax". At least next week's lessons in penmanship will help to beautify the world a bit. :D

But seriously, I've had to deal with some government offices and lawyers recently, and they all ask me to fax them documents. They're all surprised when I tell them I don't have a fax machine, and a little alarmed and frightened when I suggest emailing them the docs instead. Fortunately the neighborhood copy shop will send a fax for a few coins.

Sometimes the world seems like a cluster of time pockets, all operating at different levels of technology.
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

How exactly is using a desktop e-mail client "living in the past"? Do you exclusively stick to third-party providers like Outlook.com or Google "Mail", leaving them alone with everything concerning your privacy? Using your brain is redundant?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
longfellow
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by longfellow »

"Living in the past" was just my playful way of referring to "old" technologies. Or perhaps I should say technologies that some people consider old. Most people nowadays use web-based email, and think desktop clients old-fashioned. I'm not making any value judgments as to whether this is good or bad, smart or stupid; it's just the way things are. Certainly I agree with you that there are privacy concerns with web-based email. There are also privacy concerns with posting one's life story on Facebook, but that doesn't seem to stop most people. Again, not making any value judgments, just observing the way of the world.

As for old-fashioned... I use an orthodox file manager on a daily basis. :)
Tuxman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tuxman »

Appreciated. Which one and why?
Tux. ; tuxproject.de
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

Desktop mail and web mail are not mutually exclusive. I have several mail accounts, at my isp, at a commercial mail service, at hotmail and google. I access them each of them using a single desktop mail client when I'm at home, and each of them via their respective web sites when I'm away.

Maybe nikos in a future blog post will dissertate on the resurrection of pre web technologies like Gopher and WAIS :alien:

RP
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

I imagine all the office supply stores like OfficeMax can do this too.