Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's unseasonal blog post found at
http://zabkat.com/blog/touch-file-date-offset.htm
Kilmatead
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: blog: shift file dates

Post by Kilmatead »

Bloggy Nikos wrote:Backup programs and operations depend on modification dates. Most of the time these maintain themselves as you work with files...
These maintain themselves? In what universe? :D Taking this opportunity to tangentially jump on the bandwagon, some other guy once wrote a sexy little script that correlates folder times with their contents, which seems a tad more practical to me - and it has an astonishing level of detail when working with reparse-points, for those who dabble in the black-arts. :wink: Who was that masked-man anyway...

Useful, at least, after one has jumped ahead or fell behind by Nikos' mystical DST hour.

And for those more adventurous types, there's a TC Plugin which can do this automatically as you browse. (I keep intending to rewrite this plugin properly in my own way, since the original is a bit unwieldy to setup, but I never seem to get around to it. :shrug: Time and tide...)
namsupo

Post by namsupo »

"Other" file managers have this built-in, just sayin'... :)
sanferno
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by sanferno »

Funny enough, I have been thinking in something related to this during the last days, but I have not found the time to search for a solution. During sometime I used "comments" for tagging pictures. Now I prefer to use Lightroom but this software uses "tags" over "comments in picture properties. Is there any way, or could someone give me any clue to read all the comments per each picture in some folder and write this info in the field "tag"?

Thanks