Post by nikos »

here's the comment area for today's blog spot found at
https://www.zabkat.com/blog/status-bar-explained.htm
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: blog: status bar explained

Post by pschroeter »

Today's post reminded me of something I've been meaning to request. The green filter icon shows when any filter is applied, but does not indicate which filter is applied. I wish the name of a filter applied showed up someplace like the Status Bar. If not there maybe the Title Bar or in the least in the tooltip when the cursor is over the filter icon.
I also would like the filter icon to fade out and toggle to indicate which box in the status bar it's in so I'm not looking at a little blank square when it's off. I would like the hidden items icons to toggle also.
Happy Easter
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

there are many filter methods, and I don't see what would be the advantage of showing them on the statusbar.
as for dimmed inactive icons, that's not a bad idea. In the meantime you can use the statusbar infotip if you don't know where to double click
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I'm surprised that there is no mention of resizing the individual pieces (well, I searched for 'size' and didn't see resize mentioned) in the blog.

pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

nikos wrote: 2022 Apr 28, 09:19 there are many filter methods, and I don't see what would be the advantage of showing them on the statusbar.
as for dimmed inactive icons, that's not a bad idea. In the meantime you can use the statusbar infotip if you don't know where to double click
The advantage of showing the filter name in the Status Bar is for situations like mine where I have time filters for: Created Past 24hrs, Created Past Week, Created Past Month, ect, and I apply them in sequence hunting for something and if I go off to do something else and come back, I forgot which one I used last.

I think it took me years to realize I could click in the status bar to turn filters and hidden files on and off because the area is blank.

I also have xplorer² turn the background green when I use a filter. I use these time filters so much I’ve created toolbar buttons for them.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

pschroeter, you can tell which filter you have if you examine the files shown, if they are last week or last year!
johngalt wrote: 2022 Apr 28, 17:09 I'm surprised that there is no mention of resizing the individual pieces.
you cannot resize the panes, however they should be automatically sized for their content, do you see any problems?
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

I can resize them on my computer manually.

The only problem I had is that, at one point, one of those panes was not showing all the content, so I tried and was able to resize it manually to show the full content (total number of items and associated size column, IIRC - but it seems to be with any column).

This is on Windows 11.

However, if that is not intended behavior, then yeah, I can see why you didn't mention it :D

nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you must be talking about INFOBARS then. They can be resized manually or right click on the infobar and pick autosize from the menu
johngalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johngalt »

Ahhh, you're right, I was talking about the infobars under each pane, not the lowest statusbar.

My apologies. I should have seen the difference - can we chalk this up to my age? :shock: