nikos wrote:nope!
I suspect this was an answer to Tsunamiz' last post, not to mine :D
Dumb questions are the ones that are never asked :turn:
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

JRz wrote:
TsunamiZ wrote:[...]Yeah.  There should be a quicker way to make a tab.  Having user customizable hotkeys would help.  :wink:
Ctrl+Ins is not quick enough for you?  :roll:
The point is having tabs shown for even with only 1 tab.  :roll:  For the sake of consistency [similar to tabbed web browsers].
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

Plus tabs are useful for pointing out folder names in an easy to identify manner.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

TsunamiZ wrote:
JRz wrote:
TsunamiZ wrote:[...]Yeah.  There should be a quicker way to make a tab.  Having user customizable hotkeys would help.  :wink:
Ctrl+Ins is not quick enough for you?  :roll:
The point is having tabs shown for even with only 1 tab.  :roll:  For the sake of consistency [similar to tabbed web browsers].
But what has that got to do with 'a quicker way to make a tab' then??? There is already a quick way to do that. That is the point I was trying to make :)
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

But what has that got to do with 'a quicker way to make a tab' then??? There is already a quick way to do that. That is the point I was trying to make
Keyboard hotkeys do not allow a one handed approach like double clicking the tab bar to create a new tab.  If you're navigating the mouse and holding a cup of drink, then you can imagine the inconvenience.  Besides, you can double click the tab bar faster than you can perform CTRL+INS.
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

Good point. Although I discourage everyone to drink when working at a computer ;)
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

JRz wrote:Good point. Although I discourage everyone to drink when working at a computer ;)
Whoever said managing files had to be strict work?  You might be doing it for fun, downloading and managing some wallpapers or whatever.  Kick back with a drink.  Or maybe you might be one the phone.  And other similar situations where users want to able to work efficiently with one hand.  :wink:
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

have  you ever though hiring a servant? i heard diana's ex butler is available and will do anything for cash :P
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

nikos wrote:have  you ever though hiring a servant? i heard diana's ex butler is available and will do anything for cash :P
Well, if we didn't mind file managing the long way, why don't we just drop x2 and go back to "do everthing yourself" Windows Explorer.  x2 is for saving time and increasing productivity by making common things less of a hassle.  At least that's why I use it.   :roll:
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

Talking about one handed approach - Have your tried double clicking in the empty tab area ?
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

snakebyte wrote:Talking about handed approach - Have your tried double clicking in the empty tab area ?
Yes, and that's good to have.  That's why that empty tab area should always be there.
snakebyte
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by snakebyte »

Yeah, having tab area always on a good to have feature. I guess Nikos will implement it eventually.

In the mean time you could also create a new tab by clicking on the new tab icon on the toolbar. Yeah that requires a single hand action as well.
Help! I'm an AI running around in someone's universe simulator.
TsunamiZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TsunamiZ »

In the mean time you could also create a new tab by clicking on the new tab icon on the toolbar. Yeah that requires a single hand action as well.
But that clickable area is only in a very limited portion of the screen.  The empty tab bars cover much more screen space and are much easier to access.  :wink:
JRz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JRz »

TsunamiZ wrote:[...]Well, if we didn't mind file managing the long way, why don't we just drop x2 and go back to "do everthing yourself" Windows Explorer.[...]
Come to think of it: have you asked Bill to enhance his Explorer with your feature suggestions yet?
You seem to ask every one else who has made any program to alter it to suit your needs, so why don't you try M$?
Would give Nikos a rest for sure :)