v1.7.2.7 bug?

Support for xplorer² free lite version

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

JDucharme

v1.7.2.7 bug?

Post by JDucharme »

I updated to 1.7.2.7. Now when i open x2 any tabs i had setup pointing to another drive defaults instead to my desktop. Also, my favorites folder defaults to my a folder on my desktop.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

this is the result of the new /N command line switch. To get rid of it remove /N from the shortcut you use to launch xplorer2 (right click and edit the properties)
JDucharme

Post by JDucharme »

Cool! Thanks Nikos  :D
billou31

I had the same problem

Post by billou31 »

What really boggles my mind is why you introduced this behaviour.
I was thinking about posting a bug report too as I saw that xplorer² did not seem to be able to "remember" in which network-folder I left when I last closed the program.

I want xplorer² to remember, not to forget because that is what the standard Windows Explorer does by default.

PS: Just curious, but what does the "/M" do?
fgagnon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fgagnon »

/M prevents x2 from opening in minimized state (in case you had left it that way when you last used it or shut down your computer).

/N was added as an option (I disagree with it being the default) for folks who frequently do not have their network folders available when they start x2.
It shortcuts a somewhat long wait for the shell to report their unavailability, during which time x2 does not respond.  :o
billou31

Post by billou31 »

A-ha!
Thanks.