Context manu copy path name

Discussion & Support for xplorer² professional

Moderators: fgagnon, nikos, Site Mods

unbob

Context manu copy path name

Post by unbob »

I swear there used to be a "copy path name" (or "Copy path to clipboard") in the context menu (right-click mouse on file name). However I'm not seeing that now with v3.5.0.2.

Am I wrong? Maybe the "copy path name" was some other software?

Anyone have an answer? Thx, Rob

Update: just discovered if I hold down the shift key, and right-click the file name - 'Copy as Path' then appears in the context menu. The copied path (in clipboard) is enclosed in quotes.
FrizzleFry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Context manu copy path name

Post by FrizzleFry »

you can use Alt-C to copy path to clipboard but I don't think x2 has it on a context menu

you can also use MenuHack to create a toolbar button using code 32786

I use FileMenu Tools and it does provide copy path on the context menu although the latest versions are not free anymore.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you can put any xplorer2 menu command on the context menu, just use the XPLORER2 > ORGANIZE menu command
unbob

Post by unbob »

nikos wrote: 2018 Jan 08, 12:06 you can put any xplorer2 menu command on the context menu, just use the XPLORER2 > ORGANIZE menu command
Sorry, but I'm not seeing 'Copy as Path'. Can you please give more explicit instructions? Thx, Rob
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

you need to match commands as they appear on the top level xplorer2 menu. your command is in EDIT menu, so select this category in the dialog, then add "copy names". Copy path isn't how xplorer2 calls this, it's copy Names
unbob

Post by unbob »

nikos wrote: 2018 Jan 08, 18:19 you need to match commands as they appear on the top level xplorer2 menu. your command is in EDIT menu, so select this category in the dialog, then add "copy names". Copy path isn't how xplorer2 calls this, it's copy Names
A-OK - got it!! thanks!
pschroeter
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pschroeter »

I cannot tell you the number of times I've looked for "Copy path" then had to try and remember it's called "Copy name" by xplorer2. I wish it would get changed because name just means the file name to me.
nikos
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nikos »

if you use HELP > COMMAND FINDER and search for "path", you will find the command
RightPaddock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RightPaddock »

Copy as Path is a half-hidden Windows feature, you get it in the context menu by Shift+Right click on the file/folder in question. In the Windows File Manager, it's in the Home ribbon - in plain sight, kb sequence is Alt, H, CP.
Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) version 1809 - Xplorer2 version: Pro 2.5.0.4 [Unicode] x64 2014-06-21
Robert2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Robert2 »

pschroeter wrote: 2018 Jan 31, 04:41 I cannot tell you the number of times I've looked for "Copy path" then had to try and remember it's called "Copy name" by xplorer2. I wish it would get changed because name just means the file name to me.
In xplorer², “Copy Name” means “Copy Name” when “Views” is set to “List”…
When “Views” is set to “List”, you can still get the whole pathname with “Alt+C”.